Every student is expected to study to the best of her / his ability and to fulfill the academic requirements of the College. It is the expectation of the College authorities that each student will realize the value of self-control and discipline. Registration at the College implies agreement on the part of the student to willingly accept and observe reasonable standards of accountability, good conduct and appearance. The following rules and regulations apply to all students studying at the National College of Arts (Lahore and Rawalpindi campus) and all other additional campuses irrespective of the year of admission.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL STUDENTS TO READ AND COMPLY WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE COLLEGE.
1. It is the responsibility of the student to download fee challan from student portal or collect its print from the account office and pay fee prior to the dates notified by the Account office.
2. Should a student fail to pay the dues by the dates notified, he/she will have to pay a fine of Rs.100 per day. Students whose fees are in arrears by more than seven days after the due date notified, shall
a. liable to be struck off the college rolls without any notice
b. have their biometric cancelled and not allowed to enter College or to attend any lectures, studio sessions or examinations in the college.
c. have official email ID and login to student portal blocked
3. A student, who will contact the account office within the due date with a request to pay fee in installment may be allowed to pay fee in installment. Any such request received after the due date shall not be entertained unless approved by the competent authority.
Attendance in classes is mandatory and should not be less than 75% in each course. The attendance shall be marked by the respective faculty within the first half an hour of the class start time and sent to the education section.
1. It is the responsibility of the student to attend every lecture, studio session and examination and make sure that his/her attendance has been marked by the teacher.
2. Students who fail to meet the 75% attendance requirement in a course will not be permitted to sit for examinations/submit exam assignments, which will result in failing the examination /course.
3. The concerned teacher shall report a student’s continuous absence of more than 3 days to the Head of the Department. The students should be warned in writing in case s/he misses three lectures consecutively.
4. Any student habitual of coming late or being absent should not be allowed to sit in class without the approval of the Head of the Department.
5. In case a student is absent for ten consecutive days without any intimation to the concerned teacher, his/her name shall be struck off from the Department rolls. Re-admission shall be allowed only after the approval of the competent authority. The student shall have to pay the prescribed re-admission fee/dues.
6. Students’ attendance record shall be maintained by the concerned department on a regular basis. The department shall be responsible to submit the list of students with less than 75% attendance two weeks prior to the commencement of the mid and final exam to the incharge education office.
7. A student participating in any co-curricular activity within or outside the college, with the prior approval of the HOD/Director/Coordinator such as debate/sports/performance/exhibition of national or international level, his/her attendance shall be marked present for those particular days only. However, the student is expected to submit the assignments of the said period otherwise he/she shall be marked absent for that period.
1. Students shall purchase their own equipment and material required for coursework.
2. The college authorities shall not be held responsible for the safekeeping of the private property of students.
3. Students shall compensate to the satisfaction of the Vice Chancellor; any damage or loss they may cause to the property of the college.
4. Students’ work executed in the college must be placed at the disposal of the college authorities. Such work may be returned to a student for his / her portfolio by the Vice Chancellor on the written request of the student. Work done in the college shall not be used for the purpose of any examination or evaluation of any institution other than the National College of Arts and any examination other than the one for which the work was originally intended.
5. No posters, banners, handbills, pamphlets or any offensive material shall be displayed or distributed in the college premises or any of its hostel and/or posted /shared on press / electronic/social media without permission of the Vice Chancellor, otherwise strict disciplinary action will be taken.
6. No student of the college shall hold any concert, screening, exhibition of work/publication outside the college without having first obtained written permission of the Vice Chancellor.
7. A student will not be awarded the degree/transcripts/provisional certificates until all the books/equipment/material issued from the library/archives/lab are returned.
LEAVE APPLICATION FORM
Leave form is available at the College reception and can be downloaded from NCA official website to apply for leave. Medical leave application must be supported by a valid medical certificate.
1. Leave must be submitted prior to leave or in case of emergency not later the 3 days after expiry of the leave.
2. Leave form should be signed by the student, parent and all concerned teachers and duly approved by the Head of the Department prior to the submission at the college reception.
3. Extraordinary leaves shall be put up in the HOD meeting for approval who may accept / reject leave after assessment of reason on the recommendation of the concerned Head of the Department.
COLLEGE IDENTITY CARD (ID)
1. The College ID must be carried by the students and presented whenever so required by the college authorities.
2. A fine of Rs.500 shall be charged for the loss of an identity card and the issuance of a duplicate. The word “duplicate” will be mentioned on the ID card, in case a duplicate card is issued.
3. Every student shall surrender her / his college identity card to the OS Education & Exam office before s / he leaves the college after graduation along with the clearance form, failing which the refundable amounts (securities, etc.) of the student concerned shall be confiscated.
COLLEGE LOCKER FACILITY
1. Lockers will be provided on a first come first served basis for a semester ONLY.
2. Lockers requests to be submitted to the caretaker of the College within the first week of the start of the semester. Locker keys to be returned to the College caretaker prior to the closing of the semester.
3. All lockers to be vacated on the last day of semester closing failing which the authority will break open lockers. In that case the College authority will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of any property inside the locker.
Students are expected to show respect to peers, seniors, juniors, staff and faculty. No one is allowed to cross the limit to insult/abuse/physically hurt anyone. The College reserves the right to maintain discipline and take necessary action against students disturbing the decorum of the College.
1. Any student found guilty of indiscipline, misconduct or misbehavior impeding the smooth running of the College shall be liable to be put on Social Probation and/or any other punishment as may be deemed fit by the concerned committee.
2. Severe/Repeated violation of discipline or misconduct by any student during her/his course of studies at the College shall render her/him liable to expulsion from the College.
3. Any student involved in ragging (physical or mental torture) shall be liable for disciplinary action to the extent of expulsion from the College.
4. No student body/association/society shall exist or function in the College without permission of the Vice Chancellor.
5. The internet service provided by the College cannot be used for transmitting, retrieving or storing any communication of a defamatory, discriminating, harassing or unethical nature. Any student involved in such activity shall be liable for disciplinary action to the extent of expulsion from the college or will be treated as per cybercrime policy.
6. The display or distribution of any information related/connected to College through printed/ electronic/social media requires permission of the Vice Chancellor. Any violation that College authorities deem offensive shall be liable for disciplinary action to the extent of expulsion from the College.
7. No outsider shall enter the College/Hostel or address students of the College except on the invitation of the Vice Chancellor.
8. Smoking and use of any kind of drugs is strictly prohibited in the college/hostel premises, in case of violation strict disciplinary action to the extent of expulsion will be taken or will be treated as per “Prohibition of Smoking and Protection of Non-smokers Health Ordinance 2002”. Anyone found smoking in the College premises shall be charged with a fine of PKR 500.
9.The College observes the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan’s sexual harassment policies. In case of violation, strict disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
10. The Plagiarism Policy recommended by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) is endorsed by NCA that will be applicable in its true spirit. The College reserves the right to introduce new or amend existing rules at any time.
Hostel facility is available at NCA-Lahore only.
1. Hostel rooms shall be allocated on a first come first served basis to students from other provinces and cities.
2. To apply, students may download Hostel Accommodation Request Form from the NCA official website. Submit duly filled form in the account section to pay the hostel accommodation fee. After clearance of dues, students will contact the hostel superintendent.
3. It is the responsibility of the boarder to read the terms and conditions of hostel accommodation and strictly comply with them.
4. Hostel room shall be allotted for a semester ONLY.
5. All boarders shall vacate the hostel room along with their belongings on the last day of semester closing and hand over the key to the Hostel superintendent before leaving for home.
Non-compliance shall lead to force opening of the locks and college shall not be held responsible for any loss of the belongings left inside the room.
The National College of Arts shall award the degree to the student who fulfills the following conditions:
i. Has successfully completed/passed total credit hours/courses of the degree within the prescribed duration of the degree program.
ii. Has scored a final Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.0 out of 4.0